Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Cannot Go it Alone

"18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me." -- Romans 7:18-20 (NKJV)

Why is it that being lazy and selfish is so easy to do, and being caring and doing the right thing is so hard to do? I want to serve God. I want to share the gospel with everyone He puts in my path. But, a lot of the time I fail. The truth is, I cannot go it alone. I need God's strength and the power of the Holy Spirit to help me do what He has called me to do. As a line from one of my favorite songs says: "I'll go, but I cannot go alone/ the power of Christ in me makes me strong." (In Me by Casting Crowns). He has done all the work. I am completely covered by His grace and forgiven of my sins. 
We fail. We fall. We all mess up. But by God's grace we can get back up, knowing that our salvation is secure and not dependent on our works. And for that I am ever so thankful. 
Praise the Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment